- „Part searcher“ (constructing engineers, purchasers, work planner, production controller, service, sales)
- Fields of application and limitations of 3D search and classification.
- Explanation of the part maps.
- Find parts unerringly, also in unadjusted stocks of data with the PartscapeNavigator.
- Unbeatable: Find parts by classification in PartExplorer.
Does it sound familiar to you? Searching for re-usable parts takes ages and usually you do not find a suitable match. Or you have perhaps already searched for parts too often and in vain, so that you no longer search out of frustration? The human factor plays a decisive role in part management: If there is no acceptance of the search system due to poor search results, search is often no longer carried out.
Experience the latest and most-efficient search methods adapted to different requirements in practice and they will give a new joyful feeling of search and find. There is not THE general search method or THE perfect search procedure, but there is always a need for a solution that is suitable for the available database or for a requirement profile..
Next webinar date:
Thursday, May 27, 2021, 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm CET (Webinar English)
- …what acceptance and functional advantages special search system such as PartExplorer and PartscapeNavigator have compared to the large administration system (ERP and PDM).
- …which search methods offer the maximum benefit for a certain use case and a certain partscape.
- …why 3D search/geometric similarity search and classification complement each other but do not replace each other.
- …if the 3D search/geometric similarity search can be a first step towards guaranteed finding of parts.
- …how fast you can make the 3D search/geometric similarity search useful without prior data quality improvements.
- …how to navigate GPS-like through your partscape with the part maps of PartscapeNavigator.
- …in which points a classification is always clearly outclassing all other search methods and which role an intuitive search system is playing in this process.
Further topics covered by the webinar:
- Take the myth: “A search tool can fix all problems of part management.” ad absurdum.
- Introduction of best practices from completed part management projects.
- Software architecture and technical requirements for using PartscapeNavigator and PartExplorer.
- General configuration options for special requirements.
- Final discussion / Questions & Answers e.g. “What are the most suitable measures for my company and how can I estimate required time, capacities and budget?“