- Decision makers
- Members of steering board
- Members of process team
- Standards department
- Strategic purchasing
- Work and process planning
- Automated classification druing part creation.
- Automatic duplicate analysis during part creation.
- Automatic formation rules (set of rules) for part names, order texts, etc.
- A peek into customer projects: How do other companyies solve certain issues (if possible also with participation of the customers in the webinar).
- Separation of approval and release of new parts – the class owner concept.
- Automatically control workflows via class owner tasks.
Does it sound familiar to you? During release of an assembly (or sometimes even after release), you will recognize contained duplicates or very similar parts. Now, a heated discussion starts between the engineering department, who does not want to replace the duplicate parts due to additional work; and, on the other hand, purchasing, process planning and production which are faced with higher complexity costs.
There is a solution: Integrate classification into your part creation process right from the start A classification is the most efficient instrument to structure part, components, solutions and knowledge and to make them retrievable by means of attributes quickly. You will recognize duplicates and similar part directly during part creation while entering the attributes – steps ahead of release. For parts that cannot be classified by attributes, use the automatic duplicate analysis of your 3D search. And the heated discussions will find their end very soon.
Next webinar date:
Thursday, May 13 2021, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CET (Webinar English)
- …what best practices and benefits lie quietly beyond the innovative methods of the „integrated creation process”.
- …how you can implement the integration of part creation and classification processes step by step and how you can ensure to achieve quick results with low implementation effort.
- …why part creation including classification is faster than just the creation of parts.
- …what time and cost saving automatisms you can use to support the classification process during part creation.
- …how you can automatically fill master data such as part names (material short texts), purchase order texts, commodity groups etc. from the classifications It saves time, increases data quality and avoids errors.
- ….how you can detect and effectively prevent newly created duplicates and similar parts directly during part creation and thus long before their release.
- …how can you guarantee high data quality by workflow-based part creation and classification processes.
Further topics covered by the webinar:
- Take the myth: “Classification is an optional feature. We will do it one day when we have time to spare” ad absurdum.
- Presentation of best practices from completed part management projects.
- Software architecture as well as technical and content requirements.
- General configuration options for special tasks.
- Final discussion / Q&A, e.g. “What are the most suitable measures for my company and how can I estimate required time, capacities and budget?“.