When reducing useless part proliferation, components or products that have already been released are blocked against reuse or rather marked as part to be avoided. Measures to reduce the proliferation of parts lead, among other things, to the avoidance of unnecessary procurement processes and price advantages due to larger order quantities in purchasing, as well as increased efficiency in production and less capital lockup.
Benefit of reducing useless part proliferation and variance:
- Volume effects, supplier consolidation, more efficient procurement strategies in purchasing.
- Less space required for storage and lower capital lockup in materials management.
- Volume effects and more efficient manufacturing strategies in production.
- Clear, well-structured product portfolio and thus faster product configuration and calculation, shorter delivery times as well as higher margins in sales.
- Fewer spare parts to manage and shorter delivery times for spare parts in service.
Measures to achieve reduction of useless part proliferation and variance:
- Cleanse data and classify automatically
- Standardize and consolidate
- 3D search and part maps