- Standards department
- Engineering and development
- Process planning and production scheduling
- Semantic/Functional hotspot analysis (part DNA)
- Semantic/Functional classification structure – Best Practices for creating it
- Semantic/Functional teach-in
- Automatic assignment of parts to classes
- Rules and automatisms for filling in class-specific attributes
- Rules and automatisms for harmonizing (standardizing) of material short texts, generic names, basic data texts, etc.
- Analyze duplicates
You think increasing data quality is a bottomless pit? You think classifying, cleansing data, standardizing, consolidating and harmonizing are tedious, futile efforts? We can put your mind at rest: Yes, it costs time, but far less than you fear and the potential benefits easily outweigh it by a factor of 10.
Gain insight into the infinite automatisms of data cleansing and classification of parts. A brand new method is the automatic classification using teach-in based on the semantic ID (part DNA). The semantic ID of a part is the equivalent of a geometric shape of a 3D model. The semantic ID is extracted from the part master data and is project specific. By teaching the PartExplorer, parts with similar part DNA ”move” fully automated to the corresponding part class. This is innovative part management.
See how easy it is to create rules for filling in class-specific attributes and to cleanse material short texts. Based on this, the determination of price and cost drivers is just peanuts, so that you can specifically calculate target prices or manufacturing costs and conduct supplier negotiations. This way you reduce and master your proliferation of parts and variants immediately, without prior laborious preliminary work. We will show you how.
Next webinar date:
Thursday, November 24, 2022, 02:00 p.m. – 03:00 p.m. CET (Webinar English)
- …how you can structure your partscape in an optimal way.
- …how to teach PartExplorer so that it automatically classifies geometrically similar parts independently according to your specifications.
- …which rules and automatisms are available for filling in class-specific attributes as well as for harmonizing material short texts, generic names, etc.
- …how you are led directly to the duplicates without searching.
Further topics covered by the webinar:
- Take the myth: “Data cleansing is a matter of minutes with Excel” ad absurdum.
- Presentation of best practices from completed part management projects.
- • Final discussion / Q&A, e.g. „What are the most suitable measures for my company and how can I estimate required time, capacities and budget?“